BOLD VISIONS' GOAL
Organize kids around the globe and give them power to change their environmental future forever. We will be trying to integrate Boquillas, Mexico and Terlingua, Texas school children to become the pilot project for this exciting new idea!
Bold Visions Conservation is creating SANE to make children a focus in our effort to protect wildlife and habitat. We believe with conviction that our children deserve to inherit a healthier and better planet: it is not only our obligation, but our moral responsibility.
Far too many people, countries, and political leaders have focused on quick profit, and development and belief that bigger is better; the result is that our society is becoming more and more removed from our natural world.
Our goal with SANE, is to empower students locally and internationally to take control of the earth they are inheriting.
Our plan is simple:
We are vesting students with the ability to take the lead in protecting endangered species and habitat around the globe. We are working with schools in Boquillas, Mexico and Terlingua, Texas, to develop a pilot program.
As the pilot program schools, they will develop the template that other SANE schools and student organizations can use for their own causes. They will also help to create the SANE 'hub,' a worldwide information network that shares the causes of the member organizations.
The hub will connect the various student networks, providing a synopsis of each member organization's efforts, and a focus for global student voices. It also will contain member organization chat rooms, blogs and other ways for students to share their experiences and the knowledge they have gained. The Hub will also host contests and other global participation activities that increase student involvement:
• BVC will assist students in learning how to use social media networks, including Causes.com and Facebook, to raise awareness and gain support for their local conservation concerns, as well as global initiatives.
• BVC will create a scholarship program to provide incentives for art, photography, writing and video through contests within their network.
• Students will be aided in designing their own projects that help restore habitat and provide sanctuary for wildlife within their own region.
• Students will lobby for species protection though foundations and their local and national government officials.
• SANE’s global Hub will share information about species in peril in network countries, and will use this network and voices of students to rally support for their own unique wildlife and habitat.
The most important aspect of SANE, is that students learn how to become activists: to discover and use their personal talents, as well as the collective talents of their peers to inspire, motivate, and make a lasting impact across the planet they will inherit.
HELP THE NEW TEXAS-MEXICO
CROSS-CULTURAL EXCHANGE IN BIG BEND NP
BECOME THE S.A.N.E. SPRINGBOARD!
Boquillas is an impoverished community that relies on tourism and the cross-border generosity of American border communities for many of their basic essentials.